Thursday, July 30, 2009

Think...think...think

So how about David Sheffield and Gwen Golden? Nevermind that David Sheffield wrote The Nutty Professor II: The Klumps...

Thinking about what year to place the story in -- I was thinking 1932 which was apparently the height (or rather the lowest point) of the Great Depression - wondering how that all could factor into it - might give her more incentive to make a Hollywood deal so that it wouldn't be a struggle to support her family? That being said - how do Robert and Emma still have cash - are they just that secure?

Putting all this drama in, I'm trying to figure out how to show them actually having fun to begin with - their meet-cute and all. I find myself turning back to Dunne's story -- and am trying to spin a different direction.

Any suggestions are always greatly appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. Be careful with the depression. You don't want that to take over the film, and it can easliy do that, especially given our current economy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly. What's crazy to me is that they had these millionaire movie stars during that time - but I definitely want the focus to be on the people...do I need to specifically state what the year is?

    ReplyDelete